The main objective of the project is to prepare the 2014-2020 Natura 2000 Management Programme for Slovenia, which will be adopted by the government.
The project also aims to:
- Integrate measures/solutions from the Natura 2000 Management Programme (2014-2020) into operational programmes for obtaining EU funds (agricultural, structural and cohesion, fisheries, LIFE+);
- Finalise and update the Prioritised Action Framework, as required by Art. 8 of the EU Habitats Directive;
- Analyse the implementation of measures and achieve the objectives from the Natura 2000 Management Programme 2007-2013, as well as using the results to draw up a new programme;
- Communicate measures for Natura 2000 to different stakeholders and target groups, raise their awareness of Natura 2000 and increase the awareness of general public of the importance of the network;
- Identify opportunities within Natura 2000 sites for local and/or regional development, jobs and economic growth;
- Adopt an act (the Natura 2000 Management Programme) that is harmonised with all competent sectors to properly manage the Natura 2000 sites in the country in the period 2014-20;
- Contribute to the understanding that the Natura 2000 network is also a good opportunity for sustainable development.
The main quantified expected results are:
- Recommendations for the preparation of conservation objectives and measures to achieve them in the new Natura 2000 Management Programme 2014-20 and Recommendations on the better use of funds;
- A Prioritised Action Framework for Slovenia, in relation to the EU?s co-financing of Natura 2000 measures;
- Guidelines on the financing of each type of measure of the future Natura 2000 Management Programme 2014-20;
- An IT tool that guides potential project applicants through the application process (including financing possibilities) and the approval of projects; and
The delivery of a Natura 2000 Management Programme (C2) and its adoption by the government.
Coordinator: Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment; partners: Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Nature Conservation, Fisheries Research Institute of Slovenia, Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia, Chamber of Agriculture and Forestry of Slovenia, Slovenian Forest Service.