Sites, species, habitatsPotential sites
Natura 2000 sites in Slovenia:
- number of sites: 323 (2013)
- total area; 6.639 km, which makes 32 percent of the national territory (2013).
- Map of SAC and pSCI - 2013 (see map on page 2)
- Map of pSCI’s - 2004 (pdf, 247 kb)
- List of habitat types, present in Slovenia - Annex I of the Habitats Directive, May 2006 (pdf, 143 kb)
- Reference List - Alpine Region, final version, July 2005 (Habitat types – Annex I, Species – Annex II) (pdf, 168 kb)
- Reference List - Continental Region, final version, May 2006 (Habitat types – Annex I, Species – Annex II) (pdf, 171kb)
Detail maps of Natura 2000 sites in Slovenia are available through the interactive Atlas of Nature Protection, in the field Natura 2000.
Detail maps of Natura 2000 sites are available through the interactive "Atlas okolja" (Environmental Atlas). Visit the homepage of Environmental Agency of Slovenia. Registration is necessary, it runs via e-mail, you will get a »geslo« (=password) that enables you to enter the Atlas (free). After entry, click "Izberi tematski sklop" (Choose theme) and select "Narava" (Nature) and afterwards choose "Natura 2000".